• Tools include fiberscopes, bores copes,magnifying
glasses and mirrors.
• Portable video inspection unit with zoom allows
inspection of large tanks and vessels, railroad tank
cars, sewer lines.
• Robotic crawlers permit observation in hazardous
or tight areas, such as air ducts, reactors, pipeline.
The radiation used in radiography testing is a higher energy (shorter wavelength) version of the electromagnetic waves that we see as visible light.
The radiation can come from an X-ray generator or a radioactive source.
• The part is placed between the radiation source
and a piece of film.
• The part will stop some of the radiation.
• Thicker and more distance area will stop more of
• The film darkness will vary with the amount of
radiation reaching the film through the test object.